First of all, keep in mind that success doesn't come overnight. It is a long and dreadful process. With lots of speed-breaker on the way.
Set small goals. Make a daily to-do list. Add these things in it (I won't suggest schedule or timings devoted to one activity, because everyone has changed routine and comfort zone in which one can work) :
- Make an environment for writing; so that you feel cool and like a pro when working ;)
- Devote at least one hour for reading;
- Meditate and exercise for at least half an hour;
- Study Grammar on daily basis; this is the hardest but most crucial part of learning to write.
- Do a writing prompt;
- Study writing tutorials; there is enormous amount of resources on the internet.
- Critique others work ; helps one build a really good sense of pros and cons of writing.
- Enjoy the process; after all, that's what it is all about.
I have just started, when will you do? Share with me your journey and hardships in such a tiring process called : Getting Started :(